Thursday, June 5, 2008

 

Day 56 Wednesday June 4





this little girl was 'cooling off'" with the hose!



No Travel Day

Samara, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
Temp: 40 degrees C
Sunny and Very Humid

Thunderstorms and rain all through the night again!

Of at first light to the internet café for another round of “chase the wild goose!”

I think we were too eager , got there an hour before the place opened and sat around waiting.

While going through what has now become a routine I asked the owner if he could get a call through to the Costa Rican embassy for me. He agreed to try on his personal cell for a fee and I gave him the numbers… It wasn’t long before he informed me the numbers were wrong. I showed him the numbers on the website and he insisted there was a number missing in the middle! He tells me that the country changed the way calls were being routed over six months ago and that all calls within Costa Rica now require a 2 in front of the last seven digits…. He dials the number with the necessary 2 included and BINGO! Straight in to the Embassy receptionist! I was ready to bow down and kiss his feet!

“Sure we can do that for you, address to me personally and I will look after it till you get here, Give me your email address and I’ll instantly send you the name and mailing address for the FedEx”…

Within a minute it was all arranged, now I had to get the address to Pat and hope it would get out before the weekend or else we would still have a week stuck waiting….

That done we breathed a big sigh of relief and went off to get money from the bank for the trip to San Jose. It only took an hour and a half of paperwork to get two hundred and fifty dollars and changed to Colones. Yippee!!

Back to the internet café to check for a reply from Pat as to when to expect delivery….got confirmation that he received my email. I think pat is rapidly losing patience with all my demands. I know how he feels!

Ecstatic that things were now in the works we decided to celebrate with real double burgers and fries and Margaritas and Locando Sunsets!!

Kilometers - Daytrip: 0 km total: 12,680
Gas:
$ 0
Lodging: Hotel El Locando $45


Comments:
Time to comment.
Susan, Mark A. gave me your blog info and I have been reading from day 1 of your adventure. I am so sorry to hear about your recent trouble and hope things work out soon! However, I have been enjoying reading about your travels and what you have seen so far.
Dianne
 
Welcome aboard, Dianne!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]